The butterfly mixer is used for deagglomeration and wetting of solids in a liquid base for products in the medium viscous range, for example, for plasters, adhesives, sealants and insulating materials.
The design is very similar to the dissolver, but it is much more robust with regard to the higher mixing forces during operation.
The design for change vessels, offers the widest flexibility in terms of frequent product changes and is ideal to prevent any product carryover.
The modular design of this machine provides the foundation for customer-specific configurations and adjustments.
Options and versions
- Oscillation of the mixing tools
- Variation of the machine head lift
- Drive power according to product characteristics and batch size
- Alternative rotation of the mixing shaft CW / CCW
- Dust cover with and without extraction nozzle
- Vacuum design with vacuum unit and vacuum control
- One or two-armed wall scraper
- Movable change vessels with and without double jacket / bottom
- Swivel device for the use in several stationary vessels
- Integrated tempering system (Heating and/or cooling)
- Whole machine on weighing cells for dosing purpose
- Filler / powder feed below product level enabled by vacuum suction
- FDA, GMP or SIL compliant design
- Explosion protection according to ATEX
- Digital pressure, temperature, speed and/or electrical power measurement
- Automatic speed reduction control
- Oxygen or gas measurement monitoring systems
- Variable lift movement with height measurement
- Hard-wired relais control (VPS), compact controller or programmable logic controller (SPS)
- Automatic mixing sequences with variable time, speed and vacuum setting
- Recipe management and dosing control
- Batch related logging of operational, process and production data
- Touch screen panel with process visualization
- Remote maintenance and diagnostics